Name of the organization
Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO)
General information about the organization
· Established as Regional Cooperation for Development (RCD) in 1964 by Iran, Pakistan and Turkey to strengthen the economic, technical and cultural cooperation among these countries the Organization was renamed to “Economic Cooperation Organization” in 1985.
Information about cooperation between Azerbaijan and the organization
· The 9th and 12th Summits of ECO were held in Baku in 2006 and 2012, respectively, during which the Baku Declarations were adopted.
· 2nd Baku Forum of ECO Member States Economic Think-Tanks and 2nd International Conference on “Energy, Regional Integration and Socio-economic development” were held on October 1, 2014.
· On March 1st 2017, 13th ECO Summit was held in Islamabad, Pakistan. Minister of Economy attended the event as a member of the Azerbaijani delegation led by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev.
· On January 14-16, 2020 The 30th meeting of Economic Cooperation Organization Regional Planning Council was held in Teheran, Iran. Representatives from the Ministry of Economy of Azerbaijan attended the event within the Azerbaijani delegation.
· On March 4, 2021, the 14th ECO Summit was held in a virtual format. During the meeting the Charter of the ECO Research Center was signed by the Minister of Economy Mikayil Jabbarov and the Ambassador of Turkey to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral on behalf of Azerbaijan and Turkey, respectively.
· Minister of Economy Mikayil Jabbarov and Deputy Minister Rovshan Najaf participated at the 5th ECO Ministerial Meeting on Finance/Economy which was virtually convened on May 26 2021.
· As a member of the delegation of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Minister of Economy Mikayil Jabbarov attended the 15th Summit of ECO held in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan.
· The Ministry of Economy was represented at the 33rdnd Meeting of the ECO Regional Planning Council (RPC) held in virtual mode on 16-20 January 2023.